Last night my sister, my mom and I went to the Billy Joel concert in Hershey. He is such a good entertainer for a chubby, bald 60-year-old. Of course I was expecting him to be good, but I never thought his voice would still be so great. The band was great, the weather was great, it was a great night except for a few things. Now for the bitch session:
1. The parking lot at Hershey Stadium (which also includes The Giant Center and Hershey Park) is seriously effed up. There is only one way out, at one light. After we walked 25 minutes to our car (I'm not complaining about that b/c I don't mind walking), we literally sat in the same spot in the parking lot for over an hour inching our way with everyone else to the one road out of purgatory. I live 15-20 minutes from the Stadium. We got into our car at 11:25pm. I stepped into my house at 1:30am. Ri-dicalous!
2. Our seats were on the field, pretty close to the back. We didn't mind. You can obviously hear the music fine and they put all the video on the big screens. However, the angry couple from Hell who decided to bring their 11 and 14-year-old kids to the concert sat a few people down from us. Let the drama ensue. First, a security guard walked down our aisle to tell their kids that they couldn't stand on their chairs. (Note: These were not short little kids. The son, okay, I can see him needing the chair. He was only as tall as his dad when standing on it. But the girl was at least 5'6". Definitely taller than me and I wasn't hoisting my pregnant butt onto a chair to try to see the speck that was Billy at his pea sized piano.) Anyway, the Dad started yelling at the security guard and told the girl to get back on her chair. The little old couple from munchkin land standing behind them said they couldn't see. He started yelling at them! The daughter started bawling uncontrollably, uncomfortably trying to crouch down as not to get in trouble or upset anyone yet still standing on the chair at her psycho dad's insistence. Seriously, she WILL need therapy. To sum up the rest of the 1/2 hour bad reality show meltdown, the old man went to get the security guard again, the daughter cried harder, the old lady tried scolding the mother for not listening and being polite to the people behind, the mother yelled even louder than the dad and called the old lady some names, the dad went and talked to some head security guy and got permission for HIS kids to stand on their chairs (who is this guy!?), the kids stood back on their chairs, and a nice young couple consisting of a 5 foot tall girl traded spots with the oldies so they could try to enjoy the concert. I can't stand people that live in bubble of inconsideration for the rest of the humans on this planet.
Anyway, enough of my ranting. It was a great concert and I'm glad I got to see him in my lifetime. If you have the chance, I recommend it. He even played the lullaby I really wanted to hear for the baby, which I never thought he would play in a million years because it is obscure and not a radio fave. I only have pics of us in the parking lot. My sister took some of the stage and video screens with her phone, but why really?
My mom putting us in a weird pose. She's wacky!
3 comments:
When we left your house last summer we were stuck in concert traffic. It was awful!! I'll take a Philly traffic jam any day over that.
I'm glad you had fun!
And you know you will love those goofy pics with your mom when you are old and grey.
ooooh, old and GREY! I thought Lora said old and GAY... i thought TOO LATE! Just kidding, cant wait to see you in a few weeks.love you
I love that lullaby, it is on a CD I made for Sam that I play at nap and bedtime.
Oh AND Happy Birthday!!!! YOu are bea-U-ti-FUL!
Post a Comment