Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Up Next on Bravo

This is the famous "Ten Questions" as popularized by James Lipton on "Inside the Actor's Studio," originated by French television personality Bernard Pivot, after the Proust Questionnaire. Like Heather, I love this part of the show, but never thought about what my own answers would be, until now.
  1. What is your favorite word? Mommy - I know all moms can't wait to hear this word, but I love when Liam says it, not whines it, as in "Okay, Mommy" or "Yes, Mommy" or of course "I love you Mommy." I'm working on Keira too, but all I get out of her right now is "Goo." Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm responsible for two little humans, or that I'm old enough. I'm still 19, right?
  2. What is your least favorite word? right now, butthole because Liam thinks it is funny and I'm trying to get him to stop saying it.
  3. What turns you on? simpleness - not simple as in unintelligent, simple as in low maintenance, easy-going, low stressed, life loving, and giving. There is a Lynryd Skynyrd song about it. Look it up.
  4. What turns you off? high maintenence, highly stressed, selfishness, greed
  5. What sound do you love? I love Lora's answer so much I couldn't come up with anything better. Well maybe except for reggae music by the pool. It's like Calgon, it can take you away.
  6. What sound do you hate? whining - This is also Lora's, and probably every other parent's on the planet, but I truly want to stick my fingers in my ears sometimes and go "LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA!" I had a history teacher in 8th grade that had a big banner in the front of his room that read "Thou Shalt Not Whine." I loved him. He was a hard ass old man with a dog named Killer, but he was great and the saying stuck with me. I also can't stand the sound of my cats meowing when they want attention, but this is just like feline whining so it's the same.
  7. What is your favorite curse word? I guess, Hell. As in "What the hell?" It's not my favorite. I don't think I have a favorite curse. I use them and abuse them like most of the rest of us, but I don't think cursing sounds particularly attractive so I try to catch myself. But apparently I use the above phrase enough to rub off on Liam. I'm leaning him toward "What in the world?" instead.
  8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? A doula or a personal trainer - They are kind of the same thing, someone who listens and encourages you to find strength you didn't know you had to achieve something that will enrich your life.
  9. What profession would you not like to do? HVAC Engineer, according to my husband, it sucks.
  10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "We're all so happy you're here."

2 comments:

Lora said...

I love simpleness too. I have a post in my head about it, I just have to get it down on um- blog.

My math teacher in 11th and 12th grade had a giant sign at the front of the room that said "whining" with a big red no smoking/ghostbusters slash through it. I want that above my mantle!

Heather-Anne said...

Great answers! I love hearing Mama too. Sam hasn't really graduated to Mommy full time yet. It really can melt your heart.