Monday, March 2, 2009

In Like a Lion

I know everyone has been writing about this, but I'm REALLY ready for the cold weather to end. I feel like a hermit. I need to go to the post office and the store, but I don't feel like taking the kids out into subfreezing temperatures. I'm glad it snowed a little yesterday and Kyle and Liam got to play outside for a bit (about 20 minutes before Liam's cheeks turned an unnatural hot pink shade) but I'm so over it. March had better go out like a lamb, a soft, warm cozy, bright little lamb.
Keira is sitting pretty well now. It won't be long before I can plop her down and let her play without worrying about her falling on her head.
Keira's tribute to 80's rap. Her cheeks are unreal. She has the most perfectly round face. Taking a Sunday nap with Daddy. Liam was also napping. I got to workout, get a shower, and do some laundry uninterrupted. Score!!
Liam got to go to Chuck E Cheese as a reward for staying in bed at night. He has started to say he is scared at night and wants the hall light on. He is also scared of the "bad-guy" characters in cartoons. I can remember being pretty scared of some of them myself when I was younger. I guess it will be some time before we let him watch The Wizard of Oz.

4 comments:

Heather-Anne said...

Diddo! I can't wait for this crap to be over. We have been hovering just below freezing for 6 days in a row, with lows in the single digits. This is the south for crying out loud!!! The good news is it is supposed to be in the mid 60's on Saturday. I hope the weather takes a turn for you soon.

Lora said...

Jake is "scared" at night too.
I've been letting him sleep with the door open but making him promise to stop sneaking out. I told him that he could fall down the stairs if he did, and that scared him more than the potential of bad guys in his room!

Chris, Kerry, and Riley said...

I think blogger hates me. It never tells me when you update your blog. Cute new pictures of the kids!

Anonymous said...

I love Kyle's face in the Chuck E. Cheese pic! He is either extremely concerned about Liam's driving or extremely into the game! Either way, it's HILARIOUS! :-p