Saturday, March 29, 2008

Baby Bump Watch

So, many people have been asking for updates on my current condition. And I'm sure a few of you are oddly drawn to looking at pregnant women's bellies like I am since I stalk other expecting mommies blogs. I just entered my second trimester and I'm feeling great. I'm still a little tired sometimes. My nausea subsided a month ago and I haven't had much heartburn or indigestion lately. So far I've gained 5 pounds. The pregnancy book I have says you should gain 2-3 pounds in your 1st trimester, 12 pounds in your 2nd and 10-12 pounds in your 3rd for a total of 24-27 pounds. With Liam I gained 3 in the 1st, 12 in the 2nd, and 23!!! in the 3rd for a total of 38 pounds. I guess I carried the weight okay but my stomach was huge! Below is a pic of me and Liam 12 days before delivery. Below that, the debut of the baby button bump.
Beginning of 1st trimester.
Or as close to the beginning as you can get. Six weeks pregnant, a week or so after we found out.
Beginning of 2nd trimester.
14 weeks pregnant.
I'm pretty much filling out all over. Yeah!
And back in Liam land, he had his 2 year check up this past week and did great even though we waited for 55 minutes until we were even called back to see the doc. He is 34.5 inches tall (50th percentile) and 27.5 pounds (45th percentile). He didn't cry at all for his shot, just said "Ouch!" and then moved on. We took him fishing today and he had a lot of fun even though he didn't catch anything. Kyle went out later by himself and caught two.

4 comments:

Lora said...

Thanks for the pics, you (especially your butt- I'm so jealous.) look awesome.
I declare a mis-measure for Liam! There is no way Jake is taller. Let's try and get together before the end of your second tri!

Anonymous said...

Bobby wants to know when your boobs got so huge

Heather-Anne said...

Whoa Lady! You look fabulous...I know that you will carry Baby 2 as beautifully as your first. Your bootay does look awesome (kudos Lora)! On the doctor front, I always make first morning appointment so that I never have to wait like that...for shame on those doctors! Like we want to sit around with our precious cargo in that germy infested environment!

AndreAnna said...

You look so great!