Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Philly Friends

I thought I'd do a post for two Philly girls that I miss dearly and are celebrating their birthdays this month. My sister scanned the pics in for this post since most are from pre-digital camera days. Of course she whined, "Why didn't I get a post for MY birthday?" "Because I see you almost everyday and made you a birthday cake FROM SCRATCH, that's why." These poor girls have to settle for less than poetic writing skills and a few old memories.

The 13th was Lora's birthday. I only know this because she reminded us about 73 times on her blog, well, one of her blogs. I think she has many. I read a few. She is the one that got me into blogging and I read hers everyday. In the past five years I have only seen her a few times, yet it feels like we are going through life together. Our sons were born only 6 days apart and have met just twice, but Liam could tell you all about Jake and his songs and silly faces. I feel very lucky to have such a close friend and I'm very glad that we found each other again when we were pregnant in 05.

2001 - Lora, 25, Sex Kitten - Me, 21, Oversexed Pop Star (or how we celebrated Halloween before we had munchkins)
You will always be my fellow fat girl and former Pub wench. Here's to you hot momma!

And to my one month younger gorgeous, loving and bestest friend affectionately referred to as Ti-ti Ana, welcome to 28!! Although she is now jet setting all over the U.S., South America and Europe, she used to settle for terrorizing the Pub every week and surviving conditions at the Pink House with me. I'm so lucky that we became friends and don't think I would have made it in Philly without you. I hope to still see you at our Thanksgiving table when we are 78-years-old so we can drink wine and pass out together on the couch.

The good old days, not a care in the world. What would we have done without each other? You are the Maria to my Jennifer. Can you believe we turned 21 seven years ago?!?

"Like a Catholic School Virgin"

Thanksgiving 2007 - thanks Jamie for scanning the pics

Go Birds! It was freezing that night, but we couldn't tell. Thank God for Cabernet!
Flash to next morning, "Damn Cabernet, how we loathe thee!"

Happy Birthday Turbo!! I love you!!!

4 comments:

Lora said...

Thank you so much! My favorite part of this post is the picture of you and Ana at the Pub, and Dave looking longingly through the window at Ana. He is clearly regretting the day he asked me to marry him. But, what he doesn't realize that without me, he never would have met her, his one true love.

Tavia said...

I know. They were destined to meet and look somewhat directly into each others eyes. She'd never rest her hand on top of his head that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! GRACIAS TAVIA!!! Well Let me tell you...these pictures are sooooo funny!!
I made it to 28!! YAY!! And after hanging out with 2008 Scott and Anna, I woke up with an AWSOME hangover!!! 2008 Ana is feeling getting OLD! The turbo days are long gone...but your pics sure reminded me of all the good old days. And as for our Wine drinking skills... PRACTICE MAKES PERFECTION...so I should go visit soon, so we can play The Wedding Singer and finish that gallon of wine. (ALWAYS GO FOR THE BIG BOTTLE!!)
I love you too TAV!!

Anonymous said...

Of course I will plan my trip to visit you after the baby girl is born!