Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Letting Go
Even though it feels like this winter will never end, time is really flying by. I can't believe that Liam will be 3 next month. I registered him for preschool in the fall. You know, the kind of school where you drop your kid off and then pick him up 2 1/2 hours later and have no control over what happens to him during that time, or who picks on him, or who he is mean to, or what he witnesses. I know most of you are probably thinking, "cut the cord already," but I'm all about protecting his feelings and making sure he is polite and shares and now I won't be there to do my job. I know that part of growing up is being able to play nice with others on your own without having to be told. I just hope that I did enough to instill the right values in him. (I sound like I'm sending him to college.)
Anyway, on the easier to control little tot front, Keira is starting to sit a bit on her own and has been rolling around like she's in an aerobics class. She rolls onto her belly, then back to her back, then back to her belly. She's a pretty strong little gal. Just take a look at her enviable pecs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Liam at the car show.
6 comments:
we took Jake to the car show on Tuesday and he flipped. When we walked up to the convention center he remembered the show from last year, so I guess it is pretty important for him ("hey! remember this place? the cars place? im gonna go drive now!")
also, i applaud you on the preschool. there is no way in heck i'm ready to enroll jake. i'm totally that mom who might skip preschool. i'm just not ready for him to be around strangers yet. i love the daycare, i know the kids (all 5 of them) and the moms and most of the dads and i am too chicken to send him to preschool.
plus, i can't really swing the half day stuff with work. that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it!
maybe when he's 4...
preschool is basically for kids that don't already go to daycare to learn not to be social retards
She is de-lish!!!! I want to squeeze her!
Ry started preschool about four weeks ago now and he really loves it. I worried about the same things you listed and they said they really are amazed at how well he has done because he is the youngest in class. So I am sure Liam will do well too. :)
I feel like I'm already depressed over Max growing up. I keep trying to snap myself out of it and enjoy these times, but I just keep thinking about how fast everything is going and how it will just get faster. I am annoying myself!!!!! Preschool?????? Don't even want to think about it.
I enjoy following your blog to see your kiddos and how they're growing. I can't believe how much Keira has grown already. It's insane how fast it all goes by. I can't believe Payton is working up to 9 months. And don't worry...you'll be putting pigtails in Keira's hair soon enough! She's a doll.
Post a Comment