Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's All About Me

Everyone and their cousin has been doing this meme, 25 things that most people don't know about you. Here is my attempt:

1. I eat a mug of frozen yogurt almost every night. It's kind of how I reward myself for both of the kids being in bed.

2. I am obsessed with names. I drove Kyle crazy both times I was pregnant, reading name books and asking him what he thought of certain ones every day. I stalk online hospital nurseries to see what the new babies are named. I'm even a little sad that I won't have more children to name.

3. I love to play games; trivia games, cards games, tennis, pool, beer pong, anything really. I just like to play because it is fun. I don't really care if I win.

4. I would love to get a tattoo from either Kat, Cory or Kim on the show L.A. Ink.

5. I wish I was born with an awesome singing voice. I would sing all of the time. I envy people that can.

6. I gave birth to both of my children without an epidural and I'm really freakin glad that it's over.

7. I got my toe caught in a door today at Liam's school and now my toenail is busted up and will probably turn black and blue and fall off. NICE!

8. I love gossip rags and shows. US weekly, The Soup, E! News. I feel sorry for the people who are actors or singers and are hounded by photographers, even though it is because people like me who want to see their pictures. I do not feel sorry for "reality TV" stars. They asked for it and are making money for doing nothing. I would never want to be famous. I need my space.

9. I hate ironing and don't iron Kyle's shirts weekly like a sane person. I wait until he's worn every single shirt he owns and iron all of them (about 25) in one day. It takes me a few hours and kills my back. I did it the night before I went into labor with Liam. Walking the neighborhood didn't work. Having sex didn't work. Nothing gets the contractions started like a marathon steaming session.

10. I love my name but have endured a lifetime of correcting people when they try to pronounce it and I fear I may have bestowed the same curse on my daughter.

11. I think my husband and I are so compatible because we don't take ourselves too seriously and are basically the same seventeen-year-old kids we were when we started dating, just with more responsibilities and in older, fatter bodies.

12. I love looking through the Pottery Barn Kids catalog even though we could never afford to outfit our house in its wares.

13. I detest the wallpaper border in my kitchen and dining room but have come to terms with the fact that those rooms probably won't be remodeled for many years.

14. I feel truly blessed for the friends that I have. We honestly never fight.

15. I just rinsed out my second poop filled shirt of the day. The Bumbo is great, but if they deuce while in it, you have no chance.

16. I do not have a MySpace page and have never even been on Facebook.

17. I could spend hours at Target with no real agenda, but only if I'm by myself. If I have the kids, it's get in and get out.

18. My favorite colors are blue and yellow. My wedding flowers were blue and yellow. My kids' nursery is blue and yellow. I know what you're thinking, but it can work if done correctly.

19. Sometimes I jump into the pool after I mow, in my clothes, or just my underwear. It is so refreshing.

20. I'm probably more excited than I should be about buying Keira an Easter dress.

21. I smell cigarette smoke at random times, even when there is no one smoking in the vicinity and I have not been anywhere that I could have gotten the stank into my clothes. I smell it in my house sometimes and no one else can. I think it might be my Nannie paying me a visit.

22. I have eczema on my right ring finger. I never had it until about 2 years ago. I have to put steroid cream and lotion on it all the time. It is very annoying and strange since it only affects the one digit. Kyle calls it my "dead finger."

23. I have a giant dent in my skull from a car accident. Just ask me and I'll let you feel it sometime. I also have a big scar on my forehead, but most people don't notice it. I've known people for years that one day will ask, "What happened to your head?"

24. I am a big time list maker; grocery lists, to-do lists, lists for packing for trips, lists of questions to ask the pediatrician next time we go. There are little notepads all over the kitchen with random things jotted down on them. I need to write things down when I think about them because I'm never able to recall them on demand.

25. I am a moderately bad speller and would not have been able to get through this post without spellchecker.

2 comments:

Lora said...

9. I haven't ironed anything since I interviewed for my current company. 7 years ago. dave doesn't iron his shirts. He just puts a suit jacket over it!

I remember seeing your scar for the first time and being really creeped out.

I secretly judge people who get epidurals. I feel like they are cheating, said the girl who got a C-section

Heather-Anne said...

I don't iron either. I take them to the dry cleaner, it was in the marriage contract.