Thursday, November 6, 2008

Memories

Do you ever have a random memory of one of your friends suddenly pop into your head and it makes you smile to yourself and reaffirms why you became friends with them in the first place? Yesterday, I did. I didn't just smile, I laughed a bit. I wonder why old memories just creep up like that, but I'm so glad that they do.
Back when we were all still working at the Pub, they had a Mother's Day Brunch. There was a fishbowl to put your name in to "win" a free Mary Kay party. Of course everyone who put their name in the bowl won a party. That's how they do business. Even so, Nicole put her name in because she thought it would be a fun way for us to get together and eat and drink, our favorite fat girl things to do.
At the party the lady gave us each a palate of makeup and was explaining to us how to pick our colors and how to apply. We were each engrossed in our task, trying to make ourselves easy and breezy, when I happened to look up at Nicole. (I'm laughing again now just thinking about it.) She had baby blue shadow up to her eyebrows, big circles of blush covering her cheeks, and was putting on some random pink lipstick. Terri and I just looked at each other and lost it. Seeing Nicole, who had no intention of buying any cosmetics, as a circus clown when she never wore any makeup at all was great enough, but to top it all off, the saleslady made her an example and said, "Everyone look at Nicole, see how she is experimenting with colors, she looks great, don't be afraid to try new things." Nicole is hilarious, but I guess the joke was on us since most of us doled out at less 50 bones for moisturizers and hand creams.
What are some of your best friend memories??

2 comments:

nicole said...

that made me laugh! I will have to think and then I will post something on my blog

Anonymous said...

"mmmmm. I love milk...........I DRINK 7,000 GALLONS A DAY!"
-Kyle Flanagan