Owning a house is hard work. There is always something that needs done. Isn't that the reason we have kids in the first place, to lighten our load? Liam is already training to be my landscaper. A few more years and I think I'll let him loose with the real thing. Our mower isn't self-propelled, but given Liam's current size, I say he passes me in height at about age 9. He should be able to handle it then, right?!
Helping Daddy weed around the pool where we are going to plant new grass. By the way, Liam loves to throw dirt, into the trash can, into the pool, at us, at himself. Dirt could amuse him for hours. But at some point we have to take him kicking and screaming to meet with the garden hose before being swept inside for a bath. Isn't it amazing how much dirt can get into a child's crevices? Isn't it also amazing how husbands don't feel the need to rinse out the tub after bathing a mud covered kid? I love to feel the crust and crunch under my feet when I step into the shower the next morning. But cleaning the tub, that's Woman Work.

After a hard day's work, Liam likes to relax and take a long ride on his trusty steed. He's a ship-in from Hawaii named Golden Sunset. Actually he just likes us to think that, that's why he wears the leis, he's really just from York and his name is Bill.

1 comment:
I cant believe how big he is. We miss you and will be planning a trip soon. I love you!
Post a Comment