Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Birthday Suit

When I was pregnant with Keira and we were trying to come up with a girl's name, Kyle shot down many of my suggestions for sounding too much like "stripper names". Not Bambi or Buffy or Britney or even Kendra. We're talking nice names like Julia, Laila, Sophie and Sloane. I think any name he could picture on a hot girl was out. It took months and a few sleepless nights on my part, to finally agree on a name we both loved. Because, I didn't care what he thought, I wasn't naming my daughter Madison, no way, no how.
We now know that names do not matter. The desire to "take it all off" is something you're born with, it's in your blood. Keira will strip any chance she gets and proceed to dance around declaring, "I naaaaked! I naaaked!" She also likes to sing the Eagles Fight Song while disrobed. I don't even want to picture her at future Philly tailgates. Kyle is in for a long 20+ years.
*Please do not be offended if your name is Bambi, Buffy, Britney, Kendra, or even Madison. They are lovely names. I'm sure many people do not like our names. We are okay with that.

2 comments:

Heather-Anne said...

Do not even get me started on how difficult it was for us to name our girl!

Lora said...

Girls names are impossible. TOTALLY impossible.