Bright Blues - photo by Liam
Monday, April 6, 2009
April Showers bring . . . mucus!
Not much is new in Thee Olde Family's house lately. We're enjoying the random sunny warm days when we can and vegging inside on the cold rainy ones. Liam is excited for the Easter Bunny to come. I'm excited to eat Easter dinner. The kids are both dealing with colds . . . Again!!! I'm so sick of the snot and coughing. They both slept through the night for the first time in about a week last night, and it was glorious to get 8 hours of uninterrupted slumber.
In other news, I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'll be breastfeeding Keira until she gets the green light for cows milk on her first birthday. I bfed Liam for the first 6 months and then we made the switch to formula. He was fine with this and life was good. I got a bit of my freedom back and feeding in public was much easier. Keira, however, has a much more delicate palate and has decided that formula is not fit for her consumption. (I can't really blame her. I tried some and it made me gag.) So I will have to continue to pump if I want to go anywhere without her, and she will continue to get tons of good mommy bonding time. She is my last baby after all so I need to cherish the next 5 1/2 months because "what my baby wants, my baby gets."
Bright Blues - photo by Liam
Bright Blues - photo by Liam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
i can't believe you tried formula! ick! the smell alone made me gag. I started weaning Jake off it at 10 months (of course there is a week by week process I followed, and I talked to the pediatrician and because I'm so obnoxious I followed UK guidelines for introducing food instead of American ones because I believe that America is owned by the pharmaceutical companies and they only tell us to feed formula until 1 year so we buy those 2 extra months of formula) all because I couldn't smell it without puking a little!
keira looks so big no matter who is holding her! she will always be 6 weeks old in my brain until I see her again.
Good luck continue the nursing...I can say with confidence, it gets easier with each passing month as she drops feedings and needs to nurse less frequently. She is gorgeous!
I hear you on the sickies. I am ready for them to leave our house for good too! Great pictures of the kids. I can't believe how bog Keira is getting.
Do you happen to know where they got their bears? Riley has about worn his out and I would like to get a couple new ones.
i LOVE the bath time picture. too cute!
Post a Comment