Yes, it's true!! The Flanagan Family is due for a new midget on September 27th. We had our second appointment today and got to see the baby on ultrasound. All looks healthy. Baby's little heart was beating away and he/she was even jumping around. Yes, I typed he/she (Jen) because at 9 weeks pregnant you can not yet determine the sex. And I will have to continue to type he/she until late September when baby #2 makes his/her appearance because we will once again NOT be finding out the sex. Sorry to all of you like Ana who think this is unhuman and that it is also unhuman to not tell everyone your name choices, which we will again be keeping to ourselves until the mighty birthday. Most likely I will just type he or him when talking about the baby because after having one son, that's what comes naturally. Thanks to everyone who texted us congrats and for all the great questions. I have been feeling much better the last few days after about 2 weeks of constant nausea and exhaustion. I am now again a functioning mother and wife. I am not showing yet. Although after a big meal, it's hard to hold my distended gut in. I have gained 2 pounds since finding out I was pregnant, after gaining 4 pounds over Christmas that had absolutely nothing to do with babies or hormones and a lot to do with cookies and squeezing in my last few binges of alcohol. And yes, thanks for all of you who pointed out that I will be the designated driver for the next 7 months. I'm glad that's the first thought that came to your mind when you found out about this glorious miracle growing inside of me. I'm also aware that I will be big as a whale over the summer and I'm sure you're all excited to see me in a bathing suit beached by the pool.
Below is the 1st pic of "Baby Button" (as Liam calls him). Butt is on the right, head is on the left. Little blob to upper left side of head is supposedly a hand per the doctor, but I don't see how they can tell what anything is other than that the blob in the middle of the black bean shape is the baby.
3 comments:
congrads!! it sucks being preggo in the dead of summer though!
congratulations!! he/she is lucky to be born into such a great family! can't wait to meet him/her... and I'm glad it's a secret until the big day!
Congrats!! Can't wait to meet the new little one. I was pregnant all summer and didn't find it bad at all - you'll do great!
Here is the link to our blog: www.sleepymax.blogspot.com
Liam is just adorable. I love the water-a-melon video!
Sarah Meisenhelter
Post a Comment