Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Princess Turns Three

Our princess, our dee-dee, our keiry, our keys, our baby girl is officially not a baby anymore, although she still whines like one on most days, but that might be more of a result of her being a girl and our princess than a baby.  Her well-child check-up went swimmingly and she didn't even cry when she got her flu shot, brave girl!!  She finally broke the 30 lb. mark and is 36.5 inches short.  She goes to preschool one day a week with me in tow and loves doing crafts and singing songs.  Making friends is a bit harder for her.  She tends to be shy and not quick to share, but we're working on it.  She loves gymnastics and Kyle takes her every Wednesday to "Nastics!"  She was bumped up to the 3.5-4 year old class because she is freaky strong and also part monkey as most of you know.  She likes to dress herself and pick out her own clothes which most days is a Phillies T-shirt and old shorts.  Dresses are usually shunned but she was pretty happy to get her Snow White nightgown from Uncle Shawn and RaRa.  Her favorite food is still macaroni and cheese and her favorite drink is milk.  The day after her party, we went to the store and "bought" a new toy with her old bobbies (aka - pacifiers).  She has been bobby free ever since and did surprisingly well with the transition.  I can't believe I don't have babies anymore.  Now I have "big kids" that are getting even bigger everyday.  I love every stage and we feel so lucky to have them in our lives.






3 comments:

Lora said...

THREE!! Holy crap. It seems like yesterday that Jake was pussing out at the Eagles game.

I'm with you, and love every stage. I miss them all. Most of them all. But the new ones are pretty darn exciting.

Happy Day to you both!

Heather-Anne said...

Yeah for her! THREE is such a big year so full of changes.... I love that she seems so spunky. Wish our babies we closer in distance so they could all grow up together.
You can always have another baby if you miss that babyness ;)

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday, Princess!!