Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Kickoff

We took our second annual trip to Rehoboth Beach last week and the hot June weather treated us quite nicely. Not too sure how I'm gonna feel about it when I get the next electric bill since our AC and pool filter have been running non-stop, but I'm not gonna get into all that right now. It only aggravates the stress induced muscle pain in my back. Think good thoughts, think good thoughts . . oh yeah, THE BEACH! We had a blast. The kids loved the sand and the ocean. Liam insisted on being buried no less than five times . . . up to his chin. I would rather die. Just the thought of not being able to move my arms makes me start to panic. Anyway, here is our vacation in 25 pictures or less. We got there on Sunday evening and just had to go down and stick our feet in the water! Liam's big catch on his first ocean fishing excursion. It was quite a tasty flounder. He was so pumped and excited to show us pictures of his "keeper".
Posed family shots - we got these out of the way early so I wouldn't drive everyone crazy for the rest of the vacation. Yes, I'm that mom.
Eating out is one of the best parts of vacation (at least for me!) We ate at an Irish Pub (above), a delicious steak house, and Phillips in OC, MD. The buffet is now going to be a birthday tradition for Uncle Shniznees. Below, Keira with her idol, Spongebob. She literally tore out of the restaurant and down the street when she spotted him walk by, screaming "Spongebob! Spongebob!" Look at the love in her eyes for one of the creepiest costumed characters I've ever seen.
Sand, sand and more sand, in clothes, in hair, in mouths, and everywhere else. Oh, and salt and rocks and tiny broken seashells that must be kept and brought home. The beach is actually pretty gross, but they don't see it like that, and I hope it stays that way. Sandcastles and waves and relaxing. A week at the shore is just what every family needs.

3 comments:

Caryn said...

that last picture is DEFINATELY a wall hanger! thanks for sharing tav, your blogs are always so entertaing to read...exactly what i need to start my friday!!!

love ya!

Jamie said...

Oh Caryn...this picture is already on the wall from last year. I can see it now, Liam at age 16, Keira age 14 sitting on the beach with their arms around each other for the back picture. My sister is a dork.

Heather-Anne said...

Yeah! The pictures are great, I love how beautifully your children match. I hope my baby bean is a pretty one like Keira and her redness. I love the picture of them sharing the beach chair. I agree, every family needs a week at the shore together. I am sad, my Cody can't make it with us again this year:(