Last night, my sister and I went to the Blake Shelton/Miranda Lambert concert at the good old York Fair. The oldest fair in the United States is in my opinion a giant stage for the display of America's gluttony. Anything sweet and or loaded with carbs that can be, is fried. Any meat that can be loaded with BBQ sauce and thrown on a pit, is well, loaded with BBQ sauce and thrown on a pit. Being the native Yorkers that we are we couldn't resist and shared a banana milkshake and small funnel cake, but I think that shows some pretty good restraint.
The concert was great. Blake and Miranda are funny and cute together and we were close enough to see all of their antics. Blake thought it was hilarious to taunt the "lady that sits on the stage and signs all of the songs and dialogue", and make her sign weird stuff. We thought it was hilarious to see her gyrating about, signing the songs to rhythm. (BTW - she looked exactly like the mom from the Duggar family.)
This was probably my last big outing away from home until the Button comes, unless we take Liam to the Fair for a bit this coming Saturday. I also went to the Eagles game on Sunday. Needless to say, I'm pretty tired, sore and crampy after walking and sitting at these events, because as you can tell by the picture below, I'm pretty friggin' huge.
1 comment:
it really doesn't look real at all!
Post a Comment